SIKESTON - The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded contracts for Southeast District projects during its regular meeting on Nov. 6. Awarded contracts include resurfacing, pavement improvements, sidewalk improvements and a guard rail repair contract.
Contracts include the following:
· A $127,689 contract was awarded to Robertson, Inc., Bridge & Grading, for the demolition of structures in Carter, Scott and Texas Counties.
· A $1,364,319 contract was awarded to APAC-Missouri, Inc., for resurfacing Route 14 in Douglas County from Route 5 in Ava, Mo. to one half mile west. Additionally, the job includes pavement and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) improvements from 12th Ave. to Washington Ave., in Ava, Mo.
· A $10,734,273 contract was awarded to Chester Bross Construction Company for resurfacing the north and southbound lanes of Interstate 55 in Pemiscot and New Madrid Counties from New Madrid to Wardell, Mo. The contract also includes resurfacing Interstate 57 east and westbound lanes in Mississippi County from four miles south of Route 105 to two miles north of Route 105 in Charleston, Mo.
· A $1,330,771 contract was awarded to RMD Holdings, Ltd., for guardrail improvements at various bridge locations throughout the Southeast District.
· A $6,028,315 contract was awarded to Chester Bross Construction Company for resurfacing the north and southbound lanes of Interstate 55 in Cape Girardeau and Scott Counties from Fruitland to Scott City, Mo.
Additional information, regarding timelines and impacts to traffic, will be released prior to the start of construction.
Work zones will be marked with signs as work is underway. Motorists are urged to use caution when traveling in these areas and plan for possible delays. MoDOT will alert drivers prior to any changes in traffic.
For more information, please contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-888-ASK-MODOT (1-888-275-6636).
Links to related information: Commission News Release Archive