Weekly Project Updates
All work listed below is subject to change
depending on weather conditions
Scheduled Work During the
Week of July 25th (please note that all activities and schedules are weather
permitting): Contractors will be working on retaining walls, paving
and installing traffic signals on Lafayette Street, and tying reinforcing steel
at the Jackson St. bridge.
- There will be periodic lane closures of eastbound and westbound U.S. Route
50/63 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the work zone area Monday thru Friday. There will
also be periodic lane closures on 50/63 from Monroe St. to Chestnut St. from 9
a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday thru Saturday.
Current Traffic Impacts:
- All Route 50/63 ramps at Lafayette Street remain closed.
- The westbound Route 50/63 Clark Avenue on ramp is now OPEN.
- Westbound and eastbound bypasses have been removed. All traffic patterns have returned to normal on eastbound and westbound Route 50/63 at Lafayette Street. NOTE: Workers are still working in the area. Please observe all posted work zone speed limits for your safety and the safety of the workers.
- Elm Street is permanently closed from Lafayette Street 500 feet east to Cherry Street and also from just east of Marshall Street to Lafayette Street.
- Pedestrian/Cycling impacts: The east and west sidewalks along Lafayette Street from East Dunklin Street to East Miller Street, and across the Jackson Street Bridge remain closed due to construction. A temporary detour has been laid out on Monroe Street and Chestnut Street Bridge. Pedestrian and bicycle traffic is asked to use this temporary detour below.
Lafayette Sidewalk Detour Map (PDF)